Life with the B's


Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Life Happens While You're Busy Doing Other Things

Another busy day here in the B household. I'm furiously trying to finish two big projects at once, one being the school yearbook. Even though we have (well... I have; I am the advisor, after all!) decided to pare it down a bit this year, it's still a lot of work. I can't wait to put this baby to bed and forget about it until March. My other project is a paid job, for which I need to finish this week as well. When it rains, it pours.

As if that wasn't enough to keep me tired, Mike and I need to start a big family project that has to be finished by the middle of Jan., when our new furniture arrives. The upstairs living room is now going to be a quiet, relaxing room, and the basement is going to be the new "living room". The big TV and all it's sattelite units (ie: noisemakers) are moving down there as well. No noise in the upstairs "contemplation room". Eventually I may get one of those modern-looking CD setups with the tiny speakers, but that's it. And I'll still have a phone in there. One may need to talk to someone upon the completion of contemplation.

I've decided I want to paint the basement in earthtones, to give it a "lodge-y" feel. The two club chairs and ottomon will move down, and the green couch is going to Laura & Daryl's cabin (and possibly the oak entertainment center, if they want it). For the "contemplation room", we already have two new end tables and a coffee table in the mission style. We'll be getting a love-seat, reclining club chair, and couch, in brown leather of classic styling. (Sound familiar, Doug and Julie?) Once the old stuff is out, and before the new stuff comes, we will have the carpet cleaned (finally). I can't wait! I already purchased the luxurious faux mink couch throw that is the ultimate accessory for contemplating.

Work is going great - I love it. I really enjoy the kids and the details. And to top it off, a place to call my own! Things stay where I put them! No crumbs unless I make them! No laundry! No dirty dishes! (well, except for my coffee mug and water glass...) It's serendipity, I tell you!

Soon we'll heading off for a long weekend away with a bunch of friends to Niagara Falls Canada!
The kids will swim, the parents will chat, and everyone will be happy! I'll probably have my new contemplation room by then, and then I won't want to leave it! (Yes, I'm that excited about it!)

A new day awaits.

No comments: